Our team at West Coast Paving Stones can help you enhance your yard by design and installing modern and chic paver patios. Our landscaping experts have been in the business for over 14 years and hence have the requisite expertise and skills to give you a hassle-free experience during the project.
Why Choose Pavers for Patios?When you set out on exploring the options available for remodeling or constructing your patio, the common options will be flagstone, concrete and pavers. The obvious end goal is to create a beautiful and functional outdoor space but the kind of material you choose depends on what will last longer and the kind of look you want to create. Concrete slabs are more likely to crack and break, which will need to be repaired more often. When patches are fixed by replacement, it becomes an eye sore and kills the beauty of the landscape. On the other hand, paver patios are stable and sturdy and weather resistant as they allow for contraction and expansion. These are easy to maintain and hence are a more preferred choice. Paver patios can be considered as an investment as your money will be put on an affordable enhancement which will ultimately add to the value of your home.
Advantages of Paver PatiosPavers offer many benefits when used for constructing patios, like:
- Durability: Pavers are installed in a way that they form a flexible system; therefore, they don’t crack easily and are about 3 times stronger than concrete. If you want to further add to the life of pavers, ask your contractor to apply a protective sealing.
- Simple maintenance: Pavers needs minimum maintenance. They do not need stain removal or sealing repeatedly. Cleaning the patio is as simple as sweeping off the debris and cleaning with soap and water solution to remove any stains.
- Weather resistant: Paver patios do not get damaged with changing temperatures. With its flexible structure, pavers can absorb the expansion and contraction and thus won’t lead to any cracks or damage.
The Patio Installation PhaseWhen the patio installation begins, the below tips will help you have a smooth installation.
- Proper drainage: Ensure proper drainage so that there is no collection of rainwater under the patio or near the foundation of the property. If water accumulates beneath the patio, the pavers will crack or sink in. The general practice is to grade the patios away from home for proper flow of rainwater.
- Weed growth: A geotextile fabric is placed between the sand and soil under the pavers. This cloth limits the growth of weed. Polymeric sand adds an additional layer of protection when placed between joints.
- Extra pavers: Make sure you have some extra pavers with you after the construction is over, these will come handy if you need a repair in future.
If you are looking for skilled landscaping professionals to build you a beautiful patio with pavers, reach out to us at West Coast Paving Stones today. We are available on call at (877)832-5366 or (949) 863-0050.